Earthquake Insurance

Earthquakes happen, and when they do, they can cause significant damage to your home and property. Insurance earthquake coverage varies greatly, so it’s important to understand your risks and which policies will offer you the greatest coverage and peace of mind. 

As an independent insurance agency, Comma Insurance is able to offer you several choices for earthquake insurance, not just a one-size-fits-all solution.

Be sure to look at what earthquake insurance does and doesn't cover:

If your agent only offers you earthquake insurance as a low cost rider to your existing homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, be sure to look at what it does and doesn’t cover:

  • Personal belongings?

  • Additional living expenses?

  • Enough to rebuild your home? 

Often, these policies leave consumers with the impression they are fully covered for damage in an earthquake, when in reality, many insurers typically don’t cover cosmetic damage to brick exteriors, or they have very high earthquake insurance deductibles – like 15-20% of your home value – before any benefits apply.

The professionals at Comma Insurance can help evaluate your risks and offer you a range of options so you can purchase earthquake insurance confidently, knowing that the coverage makes sense for you. Give us a call today to learn about your options and get a quote for earthquake insurance.